The Video That Made Me Cry – Christian the Lion

Posted by: scottstratten on Saturday, July 26th, 2008

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Refuse to believe that life is only enjoyable on the weekend!

I have seen a lot of things in my years of hunting down motivational material to share with you. This video is perhaps the only video that made me cry. And then my girlfriend cried… And pretty much everyone I showed it to after that. I checked the story out and it’s 100% true… enjoy:

To receive notifications of future motivational posts, please sign-up using the form on the right.

Topics: TGIM

44 Responses to “The Video That Made Me Cry – Christian the Lion”

Mari Smith Says:
July 26th, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Great vid, Scott. This is one of those ones I could never tire of watching again and again. The profound spiritual connection animals have to humans and vice versa is palpable.

Cheers,
Mari
@marismith

Laurie Says:
August 4th, 2008 at 9:30 am

Scott that was a wonderful thing to watch today. Thanks for posting it and…

Happy Monday!

Laurie

Lori Bonaparte - Unity Home Fitness Says:
August 18th, 2008 at 10:55 pm

I love it! This definitely deserves a Digg.

It made me cry and it was quite timely, too. I’m in the mode of feeling out of touch with friends and I’ve been working on reconnecting. Thanks.

Lori Bonaparte – Unity Home Fitnesss last blog post..Is Watching the Olympics Bad for Your Health?

Barbie Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 9:42 am

That was pretty awesome those guys did the right thing in rescuing that poor cat when it was being held in a cage and now rewards are many!~.I love animals that much
as a matter of fact I have been rescuing animals for yeas,.Love thy animals………ummmmmmmhumans too after all the are but homosapiens lol.
Barbie just sitting here in gr8 and beautiful Pensacola Florida USA

Brynda Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 9:55 am

AWESOME! Thanks Scott…u made my day….b

Nancy Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 10:10 am

Wow, that was so cool, if was so tuching, too see how love stays, no mater how faraway you go. the love in your heart weath man or beast. your move clips bring much joy too my heart and others.keep up the good works, you do. always a fan. Nancy

Janice Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 10:38 am

Beautiful indeed.

bhagath singh Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 11:06 am

it is lovely.at my age of 73 and atravelled man i have not experienced such thing and i nust cogratulate u for putting on the web for posterity

Adele Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 12:44 pm

We all need beauty in our lives and this was it for me today and we approach 911. Many thanks.

Shelley Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Ahhhh, the power of love. This video always brings tears to my eyes and an overcoming warmth in my heart. Thank you for sharing!

Cate Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 3:31 pm

That was GREAT! Thank you so much Scott. I was totally bawling my eyes out and it was beautiful!

Dean Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 4:42 pm

I’m a construction worker & a biker yet I’m also first & formost a Christian. This video is a great insperation to us all, I’m not exactlly ready to go out & pet a wild lion, but I will admit I did tear-up when I saw it.

Linda Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 4:56 pm

This was so touching I watched it three times. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Linda

Keri McInerney Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Hi Scott,

Thankyou for sharing this wonderful story. It was just so heart warming. Very very special and it made me realise how much we can take for granted. Christian the lion just adored those people. You could feel his love for them.

Thankyou for sharing this wonderful story

kind regards

Keri McInerney
Australia

Sheila Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 9:00 pm

I’m going to mail this two a couple of childhood friends in hopes that it will re-kindle our friendship. Thanks for helping me to reach out. I have a dog that I had to leave with my ex-husband that reacts to me in the very same way when I see her. I got to see her yesterday. Her name is Summer Louise. There I go crying again. It’s good for the heart and soul.

Sheila Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 9:05 pm

I have a dog that I had to leave with my ex-husband that reacts to me the same way when she sees me. I just saw her yesterday. Her name is Summer Louise. There go the tears again. They’re always good for the heart and soul. Thanks for reaching out. Now it’s my turn.

Lynn Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 9:26 pm

The first time I saw that video, it made me cry too. I have watched it numerous times now and I posted it on Facebook, so that others could watch it.
I love the message about keeping in touch with your friends, at the end.
Thanx for sharing it Scott, so I could watch it again.

Marie Says:
September 10th, 2008 at 2:00 am

It is an unbelievable,touching story. Sometimes it is shown on T.v too in different ways.These shots are very good indeed. Thanks you for sharing with us.Animal lovers love it to see it again and again. A vedio that can be shared with children in class.

Aishwarya Says:
September 10th, 2008 at 7:00 am

very touching!! must share with all!!

Deepak Says:
September 10th, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Thank you for showing a video which touched my heart .Its an awsome video showed the proof that even wild know how to love with their loveable hearts .Once again i thank you for sharing this video.

Tammy Says:
September 11th, 2008 at 12:46 am

Scott
that was so touching to see you know it makes me wonder if a wild animals can not forget what a human has done and loves him the rest of his day then why can’t people do the same thing.
You know sometimes i think animals have more sense then we do as people. I love animals and wish if i could have one wish i would love to go and work with a wild animal and i do love dolphins to my dream is to swim with one before i die.

Shaida Says:
September 11th, 2008 at 11:17 am

Just great Scott, nd am in tears too!!!

Linda Says:
September 11th, 2008 at 8:36 pm

I saw this some time back and it spoke then to my very soul. Today as I watched it again (and again), the tears flowed freely from my eyes. How could anyone NOT be touched by this? So special, so beautiful. It was also another very special day for me as I have been diagnosed cancer-free. I too have been blessed – just as they were with the friendship and never to be forgotten love from Christian. Scott, thank you so much for sharing this video with us.

sushil Says:
September 14th, 2008 at 2:30 am

Dear Scott, Thank you for sharing the video. I am touched to the core of my heart. Humans’ love is no where comparable

Jean Marie Says:
September 16th, 2008 at 1:13 am

Scott, Thank You for sharing this touching Heart and Soul Video. A Beautiful reminder that LOVE and CARING knows no boundaries and can survive time and distance. Love Lasts Forever. Thank You again, and Yes, watching this Video moved and touched me so deeply – I cried ‘tears of joy’.

Dhiren Mehta Says:
October 7th, 2008 at 9:38 am

Love is Universal not restricted only to Humans. In fact this movie softens n moistens ones Heart. One is led to ponder whether we need to re-define the world wild for this animal.
In the present times where terrorism, communalsm, religious fanaticism have been making Global front lines/headlines the “Wilds” are exhibiting profound LOVE(Godly.
Who of these two is Wild? The beautiful animal or the Humans trying to destroy one another.

Sahil Singh Says:
October 28th, 2008 at 3:16 am

Thank you for showing a video.It is an unbelievable.Love Lasts Forever.

Normi Says:
October 28th, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Cry- I bawled my eyes out.
this is what LIFe is supposed to be about.

et Says:
October 30th, 2008 at 11:00 am

Scott,
for some reason I dont see the video at all… can you possibly email it to me?

thanks

Tae Says:
November 4th, 2008 at 8:50 am

Hello Scott and other readers,

Of course it’s important to celebrate monday – as it is to celebrate everyday – and every moment of all the days we may enjoy – if it’s youppie – and if it is yakky.

It’s all about balance. If you read great philosophers like Mencius, Suzuki, Lao Tse, Habermas, Meister Eckhardt (strange … which American philosopher has the same idea?) and so on, you can ponder why it’s so very important to balance your live – and to stay as curious as a baby. In order to do that, you have to play, especially if you are gaming – that is, if you are working within guidelines and so on!
In other times you have to be very formal about those rules.

The other side of the balance is rest and other nice things like family, friends, chats, dialogue, movies and so on. As Terry Orlick in his magnificent book ‘The Wheel of Excellence’ says; the way you use your freetime is of utmost importance of the potential you can create to make your worktime as well as fun as usefull.

Lot’s of joy in trying to keep your balance.

Te oro (Papiamento – the Arubean language – for ’see you’)

Tae

Great Motivational Video: Lion makes friends with Humans! « Chris then Lee’s Weblog Says:
December 30th, 2008 at 2:39 am

[...] going to break away from music for this blog post. I came across this video through a blog and I think it’s just amazing. I’m an emotionless bastard half the time , but this [...]

Adreth Says:
January 16th, 2009 at 4:08 pm

An absolutely inspiring and amazing happily ever after! I pray we all encounter such a memorable event in our lives.

Dean Hunt Says:
February 22nd, 2009 at 2:17 am

it made me cry also… and my e-girlfriend.

Great vid, one of my all-time favs.

Dean

Dean Hunts last blog post..The 5 Most Awkward Interviews of All Time

Global Says:
May 6th, 2009 at 2:00 am

?Great Post Thanx.

John Says:
July 3rd, 2009 at 1:07 am

why has the video benn removed?

John Says:
July 3rd, 2009 at 1:08 am

sorry – been

Charlie Says:
February 3rd, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I really enjoyed the positive approach to the subject.

gavinzhu Says:
February 22nd, 2010 at 2:28 am

You cannot believe how long ive been searching for something like this. This is very a good read blog. I Through 7 pages of Google results couldnt find diddly squat. Very first page on Bing. There was this…. Really have to start using it more often!
SUPPER Blog ARTICLE!!!

Mahinda Herath Says:
April 5th, 2010 at 8:21 am

What a story? Unbelievable! After reading this story I started searching in the web for more on “Christian the Lion” and was lucky enough to watch many video clips on Youtube about this heartwarming story. I even found a online store dedicated to Christian the Lion (http://astore.amazon.com/christlion-20) and managed to purchase online a hardcover book on the story, the video and a superb framed poster on Christian the Lion. (The Framed Picture is a centerpiece in my study now!). Thanks once again for the story!

Cindy Jarrett Pulliam Says:
April 5th, 2010 at 6:54 pm

hi there
This is so “interesting”..I am intensely looking for the video Christian the Lion, as my son Christian is graduating from HS this May..and has always told me his is a lion and will survise :) ..
Pl help :)
I want to give him this video as a gift,,
thanks so much..and can you pl forward me the clip?
I need to see..
tx
cjp

Irene Efstathiou Says:
November 30th, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Could you please send me the link to Christian the Lion as it was not in your newsletter?
Thanks,
Irene

Andy Says:
January 14th, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Video is gone :(

amigosdivebelize.com Says:
February 9th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

If you are doing it for money, then you should try something
else. Word – Press offers a blogging app for their
website and for Word – Press blogs with v.

online Says:
April 12th, 2014 at 6:26 pm

These are really wonderful ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some good points here. Any way keep up wrinting.